SNS Positional Membership Requirements
Applicants for Society of Neurological Surgeons (SNS) Positional Membership will be performed utilizing a self-nomination process. For the 2023-24 cycle, applicants must be current Program Chairs or Directors of ACGME residency program hosting departments.
Positional Members will have all the duties and privileges of Active Members during their term of membership, except that they may not hold elected positions in the Society (officer, member-at-large, or Nominating Advisory Committee member) and are not permitted to attend or vote at the SNS Annual Business meeting.
Positional Membership Benefits
- Direct access to the SNS Annual Meeting.
- Moving forward, all non-members will need to receive an invitation from an SNS member, program chairs and directors will no longer be provided with an automatic invitation. As a Positional Member you will no longer need an invitation from an SNS member to attend the meeting.
- Full access to SNS website and educational materials.
- Ability to Chair SNS committees, with the exception of nominating advisory committee.
- Additional consideration during the permanent, active membership nomination process.
Positional and Active Membership Nominations
An applicant may move forward in securing Positional Membership while also participating in the Active Membership nomination process. Positional Membership will be awarded in January each year. SNS dues are processed in February and positional members will receive a dues statement at this time. If the applicant is then approved for active membership in May at the Annual Business meeting, applicant will not need to pay additional dues for the calendar year (positional dues payment will transfer towards active membership).
Positional Membership Application
The application for positional membership is now closed for 2024 consideration.