RUNN Course Speakers 2015
- Issam Awad,
"Philosophy of Science in Relevance to Neurosurgery" (Saturday)
"Deconstructing a Neurosurgical Disease: A Path to Therapy for Cerebral Cavernous Malformation" (Sunday)
- Larry Benowitz, "Rewiring the Injured CNS"
- Kerry Bernstein, "A Matter of TRUST"
- John Boockvar, "Intra-arterial Chemotherapy to Target the Glioma Stem Cell Niche in Malignant Brain Tumors"
- Edward Boyden, Ph.D., "Tools for Understanding and Repairing the Brain"
- Henry Brem, "Brain Tumor Therapy"
- Mark Burns, "Acute CNS Injury and Chronic Neurodegenerative Disease: Common Pathways and Therapeutic Targets"
- Nino Chiocca, "Translational Therapeutics for Brain Tumors: From the Lab to the Clinic & Back"
- Robert Dempsey, "Research and Balance in an Academic Neurosurgery Career"
- Reggie Edgerton, "Activity Dependent Mechanisms that Enhance Sensorimotor Function Following Spinal Cord Injury
- Robert Friedlander, "Mechanisms of Cell Death in Neurologic Diseases"
- Zoher Ghogawala, "What is Comparative Effectiveness Research, Why Should We Care About This Topic?"
- Murat Gunel, "Next Generation Genomics"
- Michael M. Haglund, "Academic Neurosurgery and Global Health"
- Robert Harbaugh, "Issues in Neurosurgical Clinical Research"
- Neville Hogan, M.D., M.E., Ph.D., Robotic Tools for Scientific Neuro-Recovery
- James D. Kang, M.D., “Novel Advances in Biological Therapies for Disc Degeneration: A Surgeon-Scientist Perspective”
- Jeff Lichtman, M.D., Ph.D., "Connectomics"
- Nir Lipsman, "Brain Circuitry and Human Behaviour: What can go wrong and what can we do about it?"
- L. Dade Lunsford, "Clinical Research as Part of a Career in Neurosurgery"
- Joseph Madsen, "Signals and Systems in the Human Brain: Water and Electricity"
- James Rutka, "Glioblastoma Multiforme: Advances Beyond the Leading Edge"
- Walter Schneider, "Clinically Actionable Fiber Tracking in Neurosurgery & Traumatic Brain Injury: MRI Tract Visualizations with Quality Exceeding Microdissection"
- Marc Simard, "The SUR1-TRPM4 Channel - a Critical Player in CNS Ischemia and Trauma"
- Andrew Schwartz, "Advances in High Performance Brain-Controlled Prosthetics"
- Beth Stevens, "Wiring and Unwiring the Brain: Role of Glia and Immune Molecules"
- Peter L. Strick, "Basal Ganglia and Cerebellar 'Loops' with the Cerebral Cortex: Circuits for Movement, Cognition and Affect"
- Richard J. Wurtman, M.D.,"Enhancing Synaptogenesis in early Alzheimer's Disease by Administering Phosphatide Precursors "